Now it’s, “I *went* to MIT”…

by cbognet on June 14, 2010 · 3 comments

in Tech Reunions

Last Friday, at approximately 1pm, I graduated from MIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not one for superfluous exclamation points, but I am making an exception.

In the weeks that follow, I plan to reflect on the past four years and my thoughts on finishing my education at the institute. But I wouldn’t want to deprive you of an inside look at Senior Week, i.e., the events that preceded graduation itself for the class of 2010.

Six days before graduation, on Saturday, members of the class of 2010 casually convened on Kresge’s BBQ pitts for lunch. Something about this event was uniquely memorable. The campus was mostly empty except for about 100 class members in attendance, and everyone just looked so comfortable and happy to be around each other. It reminded me of a family cook out, and the nostalgia (that is still lingering) began right then.

That evening, more students came together for the class of 2010 toast at the Stata Center:

Later in the week, students enjoyed pub crawls, wine and scotch tastings, a trip to the beach, and a 2 hour bus ride to Foxwoods Casino. I attended the Casino event, and I learned a very important life lesson; gambling is not prudent or a good way to make money. I probably should not get myself started, but suffice it to say that it is very dangerous to try to win back money that is lost by taking more money out of the conveniently located casino ATM. I digress.

The last event of the week: Tech Night at the Boston Pops. It was absolutely incredible, and I loved feeling like a part of the MIT Alumnae crowd. Can you find the red coats in the picture?

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Peter Woodury June 14, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Congratulations. We won’t know for sure if your education was successful until many decades have gone by. MIT taught me to never stop learning, never stop questioning, never stop thinking “outside the box”. Do no harm ! Live long and prosper ! (and yes – many decades have gone by for me ).

Reply

Mikey June 16, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Congrats cbog!! Sounds like you and mcg should never go to a casino
together…haha! 🙂

Reply

Katie June 17, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Congratulations Christina! Thanks for this great blog post!

Reply